So a few months back I decided to fix my smile. Why? Well with taking more and more pictures of myself and seeing my smile more often I realized my teeth were a little crocked.
Do I care about my smile yes. Do I hate the dentist more? 1000% yes and I was advised I would need braces more than a few times before.
Of course, like most surfing the web I came across Byte during their black Friday sale and thought hey why not!
I got the impression kit for $10 and was reading to see if they could fix my smile. A few weeks later I got my results and their idea of how long it
Awesome! I went ahead and paid out of pocket since it was not covered under my insurance (yes, they take some insurances double check before you pay out of pocket)
There are a few things I wish I knew before I got started so I wanted to share them with you if you are considering getting them or any other kind of aligner braces.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Eating or drinking anything besides water with them in is a big no no. Since they are attached to your teeth you want to lessen any particles or sugars getting stuck in between them at all cost.
- It’s going to hurt! The first few weeks I thought I might rip my teeth out just because it was strange and uncomfortable not only on my teeth but my tongue as well which felt like it was under attack.
- Order a second tray to hold your aligners in. I lost my first one and had to wait on the replacement just do yourself a favor and have a backup already.
- Grab yourself a travel toothbrush and toothpaste to brush after meals or snacks when out and about. If they weirds you out grab some Colgate brushers they don’t need water (but are a little minty or spicy as I like to call it)
- Change your aligners at night and remember the day or the week you started on. Easy way to keep track of when to change your trays and how far you’ve come.
If you’re still on the fence if aligners are right for you with the impression kit from Byte if they don’t believe they can treat you they will advise of such and refund your fee for the impression kit. If you decide you want to try it you can click my link to get set up and hit me up on Instagram if you have any more questions. I’m always happy to help.