Do you typically make holiday themed treats? Yeah me neither unless its for the kids birthdays. But I decided to try something new with a family favorite Brownies!!!
Now I can’t say I make my brownies completely from scratch but I add all the ingredients according to the back and everyone seems to love them 🙂 My secret is cooking slightly less than it says. This gives you that crunch exterior with a nice gooey but fully cooked interior.
How did i make it festive? Easy M&M’s. I added chocolate M&M’s in red while and blue to give our brownies a festive look. I even had some left over to make chocolate covered popcorn with the rest of them
Below is the listed ingrediants and cook time. Let me know what you think and if you try this post a picture and tag me @niftymama_ on instagram 🙂
1. Box Betty Crocker brownie mix
2. 2 eggs
3 1/2 cup vegetable oil
4. Shareable bag of red, white, blue M&Ms from target
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Empty Betty Crocker mix into a medium size mixing bowl. Add eggs, oil, water as box states and mix throughly
3. Spray cooking pan with Pam and smooth
4. Poor mix into pan evenly and place in oven
5. Cool 5 minutes less than instructed for soft chewy center
6. Add M&Ms while brownies still hot, allowing to melt slightly in the form of American flag.
7. Allow to cool, cut in squares, and serve
Happy 4th y’all
I’ve connected with some amazing bloggers to share some July Fourth treats! Cookies, cakes, donuts, and more! Head to each of their pages to check out what they are sharing!