Is it just me or are these kids growing out of everything faster than we can buy them?
Back to school is here with a vengeance as the price for just breathing is increasing. I spent the last few weeks hunting down the best deals and grabbing the best bang for my buck for the kiddos as they head back to school and here’s a breakdown.
- Shoes- I don’t even want to know what kind of turf these kids kick but finding some easy slip-on, hard-sole shoes was top of my list. I’ve linked a few of my favorites here from favorite places like target and famous footwear.
- Pants- I know clothes as a whole but pants are a key finder in my house because my kids grow taller before they grow out anywhere else. I took the kids to my favorite place Old Navy to try on pants to make sure I grabbed the right size and got them for a good price at 40% off. This also helped me gaged their size to order more clothes online. Check this previous post Best Places to Shop for Kids Clothes for more insights.
- Clothes in general- Since I now had the kid’s sizes I headed back online to finish out their back-to-school list and headed to Zulily. This was an easy shop experience since I could shop for different brands or just styles in their back-to-school section based on the kid’s likes. They still got to give their input and I got a great deal. If you’re trying to finish out your shopping list not just for clothes but shoes and more head to this link to get 15% off your entire purchase.
- Lunch- My son is a picky eater, even though the school sends the menu out ahead of time I can guarantee he might eat lunch from school once or twice so I pack his lunch. Since I do that I need a storage system that will help keep him organized and give me ease. Enter Bentgo box, all the rage and hard to find. I found mine at Belk with no issues so don’t forget to shop the unexpected places for hard-to-find items.
- School supplies- This one I don’t have a trick for. School supplies are always in abundance and on sale around this time. While some stores offer in app collection of your kid’s school supply list don’t be afraid to go grab them yourselves and avoid the fee from them doing it for you.
That’s it! Those are my tips for back-to-school shopping on a budget and I hope they help. Don’t feel defeated or stressed out just do the best you can with what you have and that’s all we can do.