Insta-pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Fall is in the air and broccoli cheddar soup is on the menu. I don’t know about you guys but when it starts to get a little chilly I start picking out a soup for the week and my go-to is always broccoli cheddar. Now, do I have time to pour over a soup all…
Fall is in the air and broccoli cheddar soup is on the menu.
I don’t know about you guys but when it starts to get a little chilly I start picking out a soup for the week and my go-to is always broccoli cheddar. Now, do I have time to pour over a soup all day? no. Did I invest in an instapot last year? Yes I did and it’s perfect for this (and spaghetti)
So let’s get into it.
serving size: 4
- add butter to instapot and turn on saute setting.
- once melted add onions and saute until softened.
- Add carrots, broccoli, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Place lid on instapot and make sure valve is set to sealed.
- Cook on high pressure with the manual setting for 4 minutes. once the timer goes off release the seal to remove the stress.
- add shredded cheese and heavy whipping cream and stir until melted.
- add cornstarch and 2 tbsp of cold water to thicken the soup.
- ladle soup and serve.
For bigger families, you can double the ingredients to add more servings but with our small family and my picky eaters, this was perfect for a windy afternoon chilling at home and watching movies.
Before getting an Insta pot I didn’t understand the hype but since I get it. It makes meal time quick and easy and sometimes a one-pot shop that previously was two or three. Go ahead and give it a try and let me know what you think.
What other soups are perfect for fall?
Instapot meals are a mom’s best friend, honestly anyone who has a busy schedule. I need to make broccoli cheddar soup.